6 Hanham Hall

Whittucks Road, Hanham
Bristol, BS15 3FR


Mon - Fri 8.00 - 17.00

Sat & Sun CLOSED

Customer Enquiry

It is that time of year again when we are in bank holiday season. Most people’s thoughts turn to DIY inside and getting the garden ready for Summer.

A lick of paint, putting up a new shelf and planting some flowers are well within most people’s remits. It is then you may think about fixing that loose plug socket or installing some outside lighting. And this is when you should think twice. These may seem like easy jobs to carry out but they can carry huge risks.

Why risk attempting a job that could kill you? Have you ever felt an electric shock? It is painful, believe me. An estimated 2.5 million people will receive some form of electric shock within a calendar year. In theory, a car battery can kill you. You may successfully carry out the fixing and installing of electrical items, but how safe are they really? One of the biggest risks to households is electrical fires from poor wiring.ORB PLASTERBOARD   ORB MAN

What should you look for in an electrician?

All electrical work should be carried out by a professional electrician. They should be registered. A registered electrician is insured so your protected, their work is regularly assessed, they adhere to BS7671 safety standards and some electrical work must be legally carried out by an electrician.

There is a stigma attached with all trades, be it a plumber, builder, gardener or electrician. Most trades are so heavily regulated now that cowboy tradesmen are few and far between. A website is not cheap, marketing through social media takes time and showing customer reviews to the public highlights the integrity of a tradesman. That is how ORB Electrical make sure we remain transparent with the public.

Orb-electrical-kitchen-lighting  fusebox

What can they do for you?

Moving house? Then get an Electrical Installation Condition Report. It can save you money in the long term. Have a look at this article for more information.

Renting your house? Then you, as the landlord have a legal obligation to ensure the tenants in the property are safe before and during their tenancy with any electrical equipment in that house.

Renovating? Electricians can re-wire, add additional wiring, install up to date electrical devices like an RCD unit or a full smoke alarm system.

Updating your house? Sound systems and audio equipment, outside lighting, CCTV to name a few can be installed.

Everyone wants to feel safe, everyone wants to trust someone’s services. Pick a registered electrician, don’t pick up the pieces of a broken home.